Tuesday, 10 February 2015

TAWC - Combination Meals for the Family

I was supposed to cook on Saturday, but we had a wedding to attend on that day. We spent the rest of the day at my MIL's house until dinner time. I know I will have a lot of house chores to be completed on Sunday. And I was right!

From 6.30am until 8.30PM. Phew!

 
I choose combination meals this time around to save time. But it still took me 3 hours.
 
I cooked chicken tomyam with carrot, cauliflower and pistil corn - 3 packs; chicken in dark soy sauce with potato (ayam masak kicap) also 3 packs, fish ball and crab stick with broccoli and carrot - only 2 packs. And I have 4 packs of spicy dried anchovies which is Mr. Fruitheart's favourite. I also have 2 packs of mixed veggies - cauliflower, carrot and french beans. I also have 2 types of fish which I need to cook on the day to keep the freshness. It is enough to feed the family for 2 weeks.
 
For lunch we had spicy shrimp and spicy mackerel. Mr. Fruitheart said I have mastered in cooking spicy anchovies and shrimp. It tastes better. Hehe.
 
As usual, recipes taken from Dapur Tanpa Sempadan. Thank you Che Mat Gebu! Your recipe is my inspiration.
 
The next round of cooking is during Chinese New Year week. 4 days of long holiday and I have not decided what to cook.
 
P/S: Mastering the art of cooking 'sambal'.
Post a Comment